There is just enough time before my Sunday tea and ‘Downton’ to give a merciless and unabashed plug for a new book by my good colleagues, Peter Beresford and Sarah Carr, entitled ‘Social Care, Service Users and User Involvement’ published by Jessica Kingsley and available also through Amazon. It really is a fine collection of research and first-hand accounts of user involvement and timely given the current environment.
New book on social care, service users and user involvement
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am Chair of INVOLVE - the UK's national advisory group on public involvement - and NIHR National Director for Public Participation and Engagement in Research. I was CEO at the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC) from 2006 until 2011. My full profile can be found on the 'Biography' page. The views on here are all personal ones unless otherwise stated. I hope you enjoy some of the things I write and/or find a useful link or two along the way.
Top Posts & Pages
- Academic Health Science Networks (AHSN) map and tender details for new AHSCs
- Vote in the People's Choice Award for best plain English summary of a science paper #A2Ucomp
- Now this is good, very good. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust has a transparent new research strategy
- List of Academic Health Science Networks (AHSN), their Chairs, MDs, websites, Twitter feeds, priorities
- The art of lay reviewing in health research: some pointers