So last week I pondered vacuously on the question of what Scottish independence might mean for science. Research Fortnight today have an interview with Scotland’s new Minister for Science, Alasdair Allan, which begins to address the issue.
Scottish independence and what it could mean for science
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am Chair of INVOLVE - the UK's national advisory group on public involvement - and NIHR National Director for Public Participation and Engagement in Research. I was CEO at the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC) from 2006 until 2011. My full profile can be found on the 'Biography' page. The views on here are all personal ones unless otherwise stated. I hope you enjoy some of the things I write and/or find a useful link or two along the way.
Top Posts & Pages
- Academic Health Science Networks (AHSN) map and tender details for new AHSCs
- Vote in the People's Choice Award for best plain English summary of a science paper #A2Ucomp
- List of Academic Health Science Networks (AHSN), their Chairs, MDs, websites, Twitter feeds, priorities
- Now this is good, very good. The Cystic Fibrosis Trust has a transparent new research strategy
- Michael J Fox? Hugh Grant? Thom Yorke? Who's next to enter 'clinical trials get me into it?'